Saturday 28 September 2024

Writing a Gratitude Letter

 September 23/2024                  


 Writing a Gratitude Letter 



FIRST WATCH THIS VIDEO YOUTUBE VIDEO! 


We all have those people in our lives that are close to us, in our family or family members that they are close to. I call it ‘’clashing.’’ I am currently doing a workshop for the first ti
me here, where I am, called “Happiness Basics,’’ and, it really HAS been an awesome experience!

This course shows us breathing techniques, meditations, talks about nutrition, and anything that can help us improve our self-care/self-love

routines. 


I have been struggling, as I have lived by myself for a while, now and so I dug around for anything that could help me. Getting out of the house more than I have been. I plan on doing Anxiety to Calm next. And one on Relationships after. 


On Week 3, we did a FLOW activity. They gave it to us for Homework, and last week it was show and tell for it. Literally, those of us who did it brought it in. Some brought sewing/art. Normally, that would have been me as it is one of my FLOWS. Oh yeah, so is writing!


My other one is being in the kitchen and cooking a meal or baking things for people, as I live by myself currently, and it really helps me not feel as alone as I can at times. I am planning to make a business out of it! I am learning to be like a local chef in my family, and it's been very therapeutic.


So, as I mentioned, the Gratitude Letter! You write a short letter - and then - get this, read it OUT LOUD to the person!!! 


Over the phone or distance, we sure don’t expect things like this on an everyday basis.

We get soooo caught up in this life stuff. 

Working, raising kids, running errands, household chores, planning our next meals, going on holidays, etc. 


My person was someone I have clashed with most of my life. Doesn’t understand my disability well, or how to work with it but is doing her best now. That has made life even harder for me but I am stubborn and keep chugging along. IT felt super awesome saying some of the needed things, as she isn’t always around me to know everything going on, it was important to share some of it this way. 


This letter is the beginning of a new relationship! The smile I got in response, I could tell It made her day! 


The RELEASE that I felt in my heart after was what I WASN’T EXPECTING.

I was crying it slowly built up and then POOF! it was just there.

I HAD to share this experience. A couple of other things happened that day and in the end, we had a phone call and I was able to say I love you and so did she. I haven’t heard that very often, verbally.  I am still processing it! I also had one of the best SLEEPS I ever had after. This relationship has been a very rocky one,
to say the least.
My daughter in our lives has REALLY changed it for the better.  It’s been very difficult for us. But we have grown together, and this will help set the stage for the next stage of it.


We are still learning how to have fun together, and when we do, it's sweet. Emotional, really powerful. I discovered having fun with a person helps to heal the relationship.


LIfe has no magic formula, but, in a way, this is one that is very helpful and I thought it would be a good piece to start with for this project. 


I hope some of you try this out and have an amazing experience like I did! 


Written by: 

Nahani Rose

Sept 23, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Gratitude Letter

  September 23/2024                    Writing a Gratitude Letter  FIRST WATCH THIS VIDEO YOUTUBE VIDEO!  We all have those people in our li...