Saturday 12 November 2022

Kaysen - Living with Emanuel Syndrome








My son is Kaysen he is 7 years old. Kaysen is the strongest person I know. Every day no matter what is going on with him he has a smile on his face. We were told at about 20 weeks Kaysen would have Emanuel syndrome and my world came crashing down, But Kaysen quickly taught me the meaning of life and showed me real love, resilience, strength, faith, and much more! Kaysen can walk assisted and take steps unassisted, he can eat by mouth, and can communicate using pictures and eye gaze when he wants of course. I might be biased, but he is also so beautiful inside and out. 

  


You can find Kaysen pretty much always with his leg crossed, laughing at Mickey Mouse, or trying to convince someone to spin him around for thrills. I thank God every day for my amazing little man. I chose to share Kaysen with the world to be able to help a mom overcome their diagnosis or to help a family find the right diagnosis.
-Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Favourite Christmas Memory of Steven

My favorite memory of Steven was the day he "let go" and walked independently for the first time. It was Christmas Eve, 22 years a...